- Blogging ROI
- Blogging Strategy
- Blogging Tips
- Blogging Tools
- Blogs Developed By Scout
- CEO Bloggers
- Fighting Spam
- New Communications
- PR Tips
- Product Development
- Search Engine Optimization
- Search Engine Strategies
- Social Media
- Viral Marketing
- Blogging For Business
- For Immediate Release
- DM News Blog
- Will McInnes' Weblog
- Backbone Corporate Blogging Survey
- Spherion Career Blog - The Big Time
- Just Venting - Goodway's HVAC Industry Blog
- Lipo Sculpting.com
- MarkSu's .NET Blog
- Thoughts on Computing
- True Jeans - True Life
- Not Just Java
- The Marketing Technology Blog
- Vein Treatment .com
- July 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- April 2008
- February 2008
- January 2008
- December 2007
- October 2007
- August 2007
- June 2007
- May 2007
- March 2007
- February 2007
- January 2007
- December 2006
- November 2006
- October 2006
- September 2006
- August 2006
- June 2006
- May 2006
- April 2006
- March 2006
- February 2006
Subscribe to this Blog
Recent Blog Posts
- Social Media Engagement Correlates To financial Performance
- When Mixing Business with Twitter and Facebook Remember What Mom Always Says
- Scout Launches Just Venting, New Corporate Blog for Goodway Technologies
- PRSA to hold Digital Impact Summit in New York
- Scout Blogging and SEO Client Destined for Mega-Millions According to Donny Deutch
- Scout Launches New Corporate blog for Carlisle Wide Plank Floors
- Reflections on our Second Year as a Strategic Blogging Service
- Announcing a New Blog for Living Greener and Cleaner
- How Blogging Can Get You Press Coverage
- How can I drive more traffic to my blog?
- Douglas Karr on Ghost Blogging Covered by Investor's Business Daily
- Lillie Ammann on Should corporate blogs use ghostwriters?
- Brian Edwards on Why aren't more companies blogging by now?
- Dee Rambeau on Why aren't more companies blogging by now?
- Stephen Turcotte on Why aren't more companies blogging by now?
- Ted Demopoulod on Can Viral Marketing Succeed Without Luck?
- Jim Durbin on SCOUT Launches First Client Blog - The Big Time a Spherion career blog
Announcing a New Blog for Living Greener and Cleaner
One of our newest clients, HomeAire.com, just officially launched their corporate blog, "Clearing the Air" last week. HomeAire is a subsidiary of Spruce Environmental Technologies, a company of super nice folks up in Ward Hill, MA who are passionate about the air we breathe. They offer products ranging from indoor air purifiers to central vacuums, dryer booster fans, and radon testing kits. After getting to know them and familiarizing ourselves with their products and services, I think we’re all feeling the need to check our air and get tested for radon. Who knew it was so prevalent in homes today?
The reason I’m talking about this client in particular is because HomeAire marks a new turn for us in the Scout services road. We’ve been trying to figure out new ways to better serve our clients, and one thing that has always stuck out has been the fact that often times, clients want a corporate blog, and they understand the benefits and agree with the concept, but they either don’t have the time, or don’t want to be writing it themselves. Upper level executives are particularly busy, so having the pressure of their jobs heightened by the pending topics sent to them by the Scout team can cause them to feel overwhelmed.
Taking these thoughts into consideration, we’ve expanded our services to include content development. Now, companies have the option of either: a.) going the more traditional route of having our blogging team send over topic ideas with strategic advice, coaching the company’s bloggers on what to write about and how to optimize for search results, or b.) the new approach of directly writing the content for the blog, optimized and approved by the company. This still allows executives and employees the option of updating the blog if they so choose, but the pressure of frequently writing enriched content is eliminated.
Now, you may be thinking, "but I thought you were against ghost blogging!" There’s a fine line there, between what constitutes ghostwriting and what doesn’t. By submitting posts under the username of "The HomeAire blogging team", we’re acknowledging that we are working as their blogging team, without appending another individual’s name to our content. Understandably, this can be a touchy subject with many, but we like the happy compromise and the opportunities that this allows. If someone comments on the blog, a knowledgeable representative from HomeAire can directly respond without causing confusion of having different names.
We’re really excited about this new venture and hopefully other clients will see the value in our content writing services in the future. Feel free to head over to HomeAire’s blog to see some of our work, and happy holidays!
Tags: blogging strategy, content development, corporate blogging, ghost writing, ghostwriting, home aire, home aire blog, homeaire, homeaire blog, new blog, new scout services, scout services, scout services blog
Filed under: Blogs Developed By Scout, Social Media
TrackBack URL for this entry: