- Blogging ROI
- Blogging Strategy
- Blogging Tips
- Blogging Tools
- Blogs Developed By Scout
- CEO Bloggers
- Fighting Spam
- New Communications
- PR Tips
- Product Development
- Search Engine Optimization
- Search Engine Strategies
- Social Media
- Viral Marketing
- Blogging For Business
- For Immediate Release
- DM News Blog
- Will McInnes' Weblog
- Backbone Corporate Blogging Survey
- Spherion Career Blog - The Big Time
- Just Venting - Goodway's HVAC Industry Blog
- Lipo Sculpting.com
- MarkSu's .NET Blog
- Thoughts on Computing
- True Jeans - True Life
- Not Just Java
- The Marketing Technology Blog
- Vein Treatment .com
- July 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- April 2008
- February 2008
- January 2008
- December 2007
- October 2007
- August 2007
- June 2007
- May 2007
- March 2007
- February 2007
- January 2007
- December 2006
- November 2006
- October 2006
- September 2006
- August 2006
- June 2006
- May 2006
- April 2006
- March 2006
- February 2006
Subscribe to this Blog
Recent Blog Posts
- Social Media Engagement Correlates To financial Performance
- When Mixing Business with Twitter and Facebook Remember What Mom Always Says
- Scout Launches Just Venting, New Corporate Blog for Goodway Technologies
- PRSA to hold Digital Impact Summit in New York
- Scout Blogging and SEO Client Destined for Mega-Millions According to Donny Deutch
- Scout Launches New Corporate blog for Carlisle Wide Plank Floors
- Reflections on our Second Year as a Strategic Blogging Service
- Announcing a New Blog for Living Greener and Cleaner
- How Blogging Can Get You Press Coverage
- How can I drive more traffic to my blog?
- Douglas Karr on Ghost Blogging Covered by Investor's Business Daily
- Lillie Ammann on Should corporate blogs use ghostwriters?
- Brian Edwards on Why aren't more companies blogging by now?
- Dee Rambeau on Why aren't more companies blogging by now?
- Stephen Turcotte on Why aren't more companies blogging by now?
- Ted Demopoulod on Can Viral Marketing Succeed Without Luck?
- Jim Durbin on SCOUT Launches First Client Blog - The Big Time a Spherion career blog
Calculating ROI of Blogging is Easier than it Looks
Charlene Li and her business blogging research team at Forrester Research have just released a ground breaking report titled The ROI of Blogging, The “Why ” And “How ” Of External Blogging Accountability.
The full 13 page report is literally a key for companies seeking to understand how blogging can improve their bottom line. I happen to be listed in the report as a contributor for my comments on Forrester’s initial research, and my previous posts about how to calculate the Search Engine Optimization benefits when determining blogging ROI. It includes a detailed system for estimating Benefits, Costs and Risks.
To learn more visit Chalene’s post titled New ROI of blogging report from Forrester. There you can find the highlights from the report such as the Benefits chart above and this full-blown Excel model showing how Charlene and her team painstakingly calculated the FastLane’s blog ROI in detail from 2005-2007. The report suggests building an ROI model like fastLane’s for your own company blog and the competitor’s blog (if one exists).
The Report also includes
- sample values regarding the costs of starting and maintaining a company blog.
- A chart for showing how to risk-Adjusted for different scenarios (most likely, best-case and worst-case
Steve Rubel got an advance copy of the report. here’s his summary of the report.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Calculating ROI of Blogging is Easier than it Looks:
» One Way to Explain a Corporate Social Media Strategy from SCOUT - Corporate Blogging
Recently i was asked by a prospective client to help explain social media to her senior executives in a way that they would understand. She asked me to keep it to a page or two. I wanted to get across... [Read More]
Tracked on August 17, 2007 10:48 PM