- Blogging ROI
- Blogging Strategy
- Blogging Tips
- Blogging Tools
- Blogs Developed By Scout
- CEO Bloggers
- Fighting Spam
- New Communications
- PR Tips
- Product Development
- Search Engine Optimization
- Search Engine Strategies
- Social Media
- Viral Marketing
- Blogging For Business
- For Immediate Release
- DM News Blog
- Will McInnes' Weblog
- Backbone Corporate Blogging Survey
- Spherion Career Blog - The Big Time
- Just Venting - Goodway's HVAC Industry Blog
- Lipo Sculpting.com
- MarkSu's .NET Blog
- Thoughts on Computing
- True Jeans - True Life
- Not Just Java
- The Marketing Technology Blog
- Vein Treatment .com
- July 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- April 2008
- February 2008
- January 2008
- December 2007
- October 2007
- August 2007
- June 2007
- May 2007
- March 2007
- February 2007
- January 2007
- December 2006
- November 2006
- October 2006
- September 2006
- August 2006
- June 2006
- May 2006
- April 2006
- March 2006
- February 2006
Subscribe to this Blog
Recent Blog Posts
- Social Media Engagement Correlates To financial Performance
- When Mixing Business with Twitter and Facebook Remember What Mom Always Says
- Scout Launches Just Venting, New Corporate Blog for Goodway Technologies
- PRSA to hold Digital Impact Summit in New York
- Scout Blogging and SEO Client Destined for Mega-Millions According to Donny Deutch
- Scout Launches New Corporate blog for Carlisle Wide Plank Floors
- Reflections on our Second Year as a Strategic Blogging Service
- Announcing a New Blog for Living Greener and Cleaner
- How Blogging Can Get You Press Coverage
- How can I drive more traffic to my blog?
- Douglas Karr on Ghost Blogging Covered by Investor's Business Daily
- Lillie Ammann on Should corporate blogs use ghostwriters?
- Brian Edwards on Why aren't more companies blogging by now?
- Dee Rambeau on Why aren't more companies blogging by now?
- Stephen Turcotte on Why aren't more companies blogging by now?
- Ted Demopoulod on Can Viral Marketing Succeed Without Luck?
- Jim Durbin on SCOUT Launches First Client Blog - The Big Time a Spherion career blog
A promising week for a new corporate blogging service
Have you ever launched a product or service before? It’s a lot of fun and it’s also a bit scary. I think it must be like a rocket scientist waiting to see their rocket clear the launch pad. It’s also like showing your baby to the world for the first time. That’s what it’s been like for us this week here at the Search Engine Strategies conference in New York. Tuesday was our official launch day and I have to say it was a big success. By that I mean, our brand new trade show booth looked great, all of our materials were ready, we had a great location and we got lots of leads and positive feedback.
The trade show floor opened at 9 and by 10:30 there was a sea of people at our booth speaking with my team and I and offering very positive feedback about our little baby. That morning was the peak of the traffic but throughout the show, we had a steady stream of marketers, advertisers and bloggers coming to the booth, to pick up our brochure, our corporate blogging tips and to understand what SCOUT is all about.
A couple of special moments happened during the first day. Robert Scoble stopped by our booth to check out SCOUT. We talked about SCOUT, and about the need for blogging to be strategic, and about blogging challenging the very psyche and culture of an organization. Robert connected it with a section of the book he wrote with Shel Israel titled Naked Conversations. There is a section of the book that talks about poking at the corporate membrane. Robert stayed and chatted for a while. Luckily, we had an IRiver and a digital camera handy and we were able to capture the moment. The team and I have been developing what we believe is a realistic and achievable approach to successful blogging for quite some time. It was very gratifying to hear some positive feedback from a legend in the industry.
Later in the day we were also visited by Constantin Basturea. It was also an honor to meet Constantin in person. John Cass is a huge fan, and they went on talking for quite a while.
Another blogging advocate that I admire, Stephan Spencer, stopped in to say ‘hello’ along with one of his blogging clients, Adrian Courteny, Founder and CEO of DM News and co-author of the DM News Blog.
Feeling good about the lift off. It was a fun and exciting week.
Filed under: Search Engine Strategies
TrackBack URL for this entry: